The Honda Clarity has a small engine and can be loud at times. In this video we test the loudness of the 2018 Honda Clarity in different scenarios. Also, your top 10 comments are addressed:
1. Did you Buy the Clarity Locally: Yes, at I-79 Honda https://www.youtube.com/user/i79hondamazda1
2. Do you Know what it will Tow? The answer I have found is 2000 pounds.
3. Is it Necessary to Use Premium Gas? No, but I prefer it.
4. What price do you think is reasonable? Between 20k and 25k for a used Clarity.
5. How do you like this car? Love it. Will always drive a plug-in car after owning this one.
6. Have you been able to estimate the cost of electricity use? At most, for me, $9 a month. This is calculated as an average based on a year over year comparison. I have not tried to measure my total KWh consumption.
7. How long did the factory tires last? 19,000 miles.
8. How do you use HV mode? You can turn it on to preserve your last few miles of EV range in order to maintain performance. You can also use it to save your EV range for in-town driving and use Gas on the highway, in an attempt to be more efficient.
9. How is the Cabin Noise? Cabin noise is low, if you own a comparable gasoline powered Honda, the noise level is similar.
10. Is there a big difference in Economy at Higher speed? Yes, over the speed limit you can expect your fuel economy to decrease due to the size of the car compared to the size of the engine (1.5L)
Check out some other Clarity videos here:
2-Year Ownership Review - https://youtu.be/S2TuIYBchN8
Road Trip to Cleveland - https://youtu.be/6161iaVpm6I
First 10 months Review - https://youtu.be/Bt_K0LxwKw4
Road trip to Pittsburgh - https://youtu.be/dVpjbqCwOG8
Road trip to Deep Creek Lake - https://youtu.be/8h3JgHH5yJU