This is my guide to the best tourist attractions in Siquijor Island. From chasing gorgeous waterfalls to idyllic beaches or to faith healers. Siquijor offers the best of the Philippines in one small island with so many amazing tourist spots to visit. Some of the best waterfalls in Siquijor include Cambugahay Falls, Lugnason Falls, Lagaan Falls and Locong Falls. I take a visit to a faith healer and see how they make the famous love potions. The best beaches of Siquijor are located at Paliton Beach and San Juan. I also look into how to get there and where to stay on the island. So without further ado here is the list of the Top 12 Things to do in Siquijor Island (in no particular order).
1. Cambugahay Falls. This is Siquijor's biggest and best waterfalls and the most popular places to visit on the island. It's a 3 tiered waterfall with platforms and ropes to jump into the cool pools at the base of the waterfall. Relax upstream in the river's cool waters. One of the top tourist attractions in Siquijor.
2. Salagdoong Beach has the most famous cliff jump in Siquijor at about 10 metres. Not only that, there's a beautiful beach here with gorgeous tropical waters to swim in.
3 The Old Enchanted Balete Tree. An amazing 400 old tree is rich in Siquijor folk law. A natural spring flows under the tree into a man-made pool. Dangle your feet in the water where fish will nibble on your skin. There are souvenir shops and a restaurant here.
4. Lacon Falls, Kawasan Falls and Lagaan Falls are 3 beautiful waterfalls to visit in Siquijor
5. Siquijor is famous for its Sharmans or faith healers. I visited one in the mountains to see how a love potion is made.
6. Cantabon Cave is the most popular cave on Siquijor. The guides will take you through the cave which includes trekking through water and lots of climbing over rocks. A real fun thing to do on the island.
7. Paliton Beach is one of the top tourist spots in Siquijor that tourists flock to. It's a beautiful beach with gorgeous sands. Perfect for swimming or just lazing by. I got some nice drone shots of the beach here.
8. The Butterfly Sanctuary of Siquijor. A nice little tourist spot if you're into butterflies.
9. Siquijor has many historic churches and buildings. Some of the most popular and worth visiting are Saint Francis de Assisi Church and its bell tower, the Convent of Lazi and The San Isidro Labrador Parish Church.
10. Monkey Beach in Siquijor is one of those secret beaches that not many go to. I did try to visit Kagusuan Beach but it has been closed for years. Last time I came I remember this was one of my favourite beaches here.
11. Viewpoint Tower is on the highest point in Siquijor offering panoramic views of the island.
12. Some of Siquijor's best beaches are located around San Juan, here you can relax on the island's white sandy beach. As the beach faces the west, you can experience some of the most amazing sunsets in the Philippines.
Tubod Marine sanctuary is the most popular spot to snorkel on Siquijor Island
Lagnason is another of the island's amazing waterfalls.
Enchanted River Siquijor. Is a quiet and peaceful place. There's a platform and swing to jump into the river.
Hopefully this will give you a good start into seeing the best of Siquijor Island.
For more travel vlogs around the Philippines please subscribe.
I filmed this before the lockdown.
*All information and rates subject to change without notice.